Monday, February 16, 2009

KISS CE Core Enemy AI

I had travel plans for this past weekend that fell through on a technical issue and not by my hand. It would have been great to see my SoCal daughter, but I guess the stars weren't right for it -- for one reason or another. So having a long weekend at my disposal, I decided to buckle down and steep myself in the KISS CE code and implement the core enemy AI (as the video below demonstrates). Enemies, according to their specific and unique stats, are now able to cast spells (Heal, Big Shock, and Small Fire) and use items in their bag (Potion, etc.) based on various combat conditions. Also, I coded in some movement for physical attacks so that that both enemies and friendlies move up to their chosen target, strike (to be visually accentuated later with an attack animation and special effect), and then return to their original field position. Player items are now available for use in combat (Potion, Ultra Potion, and Neuro Tea for now) and a "turn disk" has been added so that it's easier to get a visual lock on who's turn it is (aside of the Turn/Round HUD) and which enemy is using nefarious magical attacks and healing. The next step after adding a few more items and spells for general use will be to implement both the delivery and cleansing of Status Effects for both sides of the combat zone. This will most likely be addressed slowly over the next couple of weeks -- modulated in accordance with basic money-work brain-power drain.

No comments: