Thursday, November 27, 2008

Heal & Fire

I took a rain/gwg day off of money-work yesterday to get a jump on abstracting my "sketch" special effects code for the KISS Combat Engine. Indeed, I got bogged down for about six hours trying to figure out one crucial piece to the code-puzzle... but after a fabulous meal of Trader Joe's Vegetarian Burritos, a few hours of Persona 2 (a thoroughly enjoyable PSOne RPG by Atlus), and a contemplative night of dreamwork, I awoke to the solution this morning -- just as the Prophet of Last Night said I would. The following video shows the surface of the beauty of the code below. It's still nothing spectacular to look at, but the foundation is layed for easy special effects manipulation and rapid attachment to KISS CE events in realtime. O come the Day of Integration!



For now, I head back into Persona 2 for a while before feasting and giving thanks for all of the good things in my life: my daughters, my family, my friends, my employer, my coding advancements, jME, Great Work Games, etc., etc., etc. Of course, everyday is Thanksgiving at my house but I suppose that this day its more notably especial due to it being a nationally sanctioned holiday and a paid day off from money-work... so I guess I can and will be thankful for that too ;-)

No comments: