Sunday, November 30, 2008

Riding the Lightning

And beyond Heal and Fire, there becomes Shock. The following video shows the current progress on this particular effect. Only a few minor mods are needed (particle and trail timing, mostly) to make it worthy of in-game use. And beyond this, there are just a handful of other effects that are needed to make the KISS CE demo come to full fruition. Then, I can plug it into the three-area World Two RPG Demo which all of this is subservient to.



Yarghh! What a long and winding road! (But I am traveling it gladly! Although it will be very nice one day to have individual departments or working groups of people devoted to all of these various video game pieces (code, art, game/story, effects, etc.). I mean, I'm basically a one-man-band (or army, depending on circumstance) in all parts of my life, but this has to be the most number of positions I've filled, and spent the most amount of time, on a single personal-project/hobby before. Don't read this as a complaint, it's just a reflection on the facts ;-)

No comments: